Tuesday, August 13, 2013

It's That Time of Year Again!

Yup! It's back to school season. I hope to get a little bit of school shopping done before I go back to work. I don't normally buy new clothes for the beginning of the year but my work clothes are B.E.A.T. I'm not sure if it was the lack of a dryer and/or it didn't help the water stained my clothes in the last place we moved to in Virginia.. Yea lovely, little stains that can't/won't allow me to Shout them out. My sister and sister-in-law scored me some shopping coupons so that will help :)



This year I am grateful for the opportunity to have a job in a great school district with tons of support from the top down. Like the students, I have first day jitters. New school, new district, new coworkers, new students, new expectations, and back in a state education system that I have been wanting to get back into since I left! I will be teaching 8th grade Language Arts and have three periods of inclusion classes (most are language arts and one is science). I enjoy middle school, no I'm not drinking or taking anything, it's a fun atmosphere to be working in. I'll explain those reasons throughout the school year.

I squeezed in a 3 mile run today but running during moving week did not happen. I cannot focus on anything else while our stuff is in boxes and not put away. It didn't help that work (in service) started for me too. And let's not forget that I did the Mayor's Cup 10K the day we moved. I still picked up boxes and helped :) Once I don't have to blog from my phone I will be telling you all about my first 10K!!!

Tuesday I will be connected to the world again with cable, Internet, and a house phone. Seriously who has one of those anymore? Well we need one. Cell phone service in the new place is hit and miss. So I'll be surprised if this post makes it through :)

Happy Saturday!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment