Monday, December 2, 2013

Back to the Real World Tomorrow :(

First of all, yay for it being December! One of my favorite times of the year. Now if my cold would go away that would be great.

In fact I'm so pissed about the cold ruining my holiday break and weeks before it I went to urgent care today. The on call doctor was awesome. She quickly diagnosed us and gave us our meds. I love the fact that we have the option to pay $10 to get our meds at the doctor instead of going to the pharmacy especially during this time of year. No waiting.

I'll admit I should have went earlier but I'm stubborn and think I can just miraculously get better on my own. The cold has ruined my workouts for the last three weeks either making me slow, too tired to complete a longer run, and last week nothing happened. Boooo!

It wasn't all bad though.

My love and I made homemade pasta. I mean he did I boiled the water and watched it float to the top so I could scoop it out.

Making Gnocchi

I'm a lucky girl

Our first Hilbert Christmas tree hunt. It was perfect day minus the cold we were both suffering from. It was snowing :) We found the most perfect Christmas tree and it was my husband's first time cutting one down. E.V.E.R.
I'm loving the atmosphere 

I found one!!!

Husband thinks its cool to throw snowballs at his sickly wife

We agree!

It's a miracle!!!

Our Tree

My lovely husband taking on his opponent.

Capturing the first cut.

Action shot. I helped push it over

:)

I helped drag the tree after this picture.

Final Product

We said goodbye to a great man, my husband's uncle, who lost his battle to cancer. 
:)

Went to my first NBA game! My husband gave me strict instructions to not get us into any fights. Like I would do that with a complete stranger :) Cheering for the Chicago Bulls in Cleveland was risky enough. Any trip to Cleveland revolves around going to Melt! The best sandwich/bar place ever!
I wish you were closer.

When waiting for a table they give you a name drawn from a pumpkin to go by. Smart idea,

Love all the deco in this place. Of course my iPhone can only take such good pics. the others are crap.

Yum. Backyard Pulled Chicken sandwich...no keeping track of my calories that day

Before the game :)

End of the game can you see the confetti :)

We had great seats.

Cavs mascot

After the game trying to get a background shot with the iPhone

Final score

Bulls lost but we still had a good time

Walked around the city...mostly because we needed to find the car. I knew we parked on chesnut turns out it was between Walnut St. and Chester St. I was close!

Yeah Christmas lite buildings

Ice sculptures

The Christmas Story Lamp
Back to work tomorrow. I am not too excited for this. I feel like I need another day off, even though I have not done anything productive and limited my activity to one thing a day. Boo! 

My "Ideal" Workout for this week:

Monday- rest
Tuesday- 2 miles (let's see if my lungs can take it)
Wednesday- Body Pump
Thursday- 3 miles 
Friday- 4 miles
Saturday- off
Sunday 5K race (predicted to be 25 degrees outside...yikes!)

Anyone else feeling the back to work blues?

Do you work out when you are sick?

No comments:

Post a Comment